Good News Or Bad News - And The Difference Is?

 In short, we all have unique stories, experiences, beliefs, and values, and therefore none of us have ever seen the same things or the same circumstances in the same way.

Someone who is fearful, negative, pessimistic, or impatient might see procrastination as a bad thing when other people understand the concept that there are things we can control and there are things we cannot control. So why should we get upset about something you can? Don't control it, or if you can control it, keep yourself busy.

In the end, everything that happens happens - just happens and what we do is interpret things according to our hopes, goals, needs, or our way of thinking, and they are all unique to each of us.

Let me give you some personal examples. And if you consider the explanation, even though you may not have exactly the same set of circumstances, if you think about it, I will enable you to understand.

Before starting my career as a speaker and educator, I was the National Sales Manager for an international organization. It's a long story, but the short side is that I had a problem with my boss, the president, and he fired me for it. Bad news, right? It was all it took me to decide it was time to embark on a career that spanned 40 years and allowed me to see the world (25 countries so far) and work with great clients and audiences. In the end, this bad news is really good news.

Here's another quick one.

Years ago I proposed to my wife and she said yes. Good news right? (No judgments here). Over time, after doing my best for more than fifteen years, I decided it was time to quit and why? Now, without the terrifying details, the relationship has gradually eroded my self-esteem, confidence, and optimistic state of mind, and I decide I don't like who I am in this relationship. We broke up on friendly terms - but we broke up. Good news because from time to time I can find everything that's been lost - emotionally and spiritually.

We all have our own stories and we can list all of the good and bad news we get, but in the end it's just news.

During several of my corporate programs, I've shared this simple concept - stop asking your employees about good or bad news - just ask them about the news, then cut off the news. Because their definition can be very different from yours.

Conversely, as an executive or non-broadcast manager, I have good news or bad news - just tell your staff you have news and let everyone interpret it as they see fit, based on their views, personal views, and attitudes. , their attitudes, experiences, expectations and how this can affect them personally.

https://eventorganiz.blogspot.com/2021/03/booming-television-news-channels-in.html

https://rizzarr.com/members/davidwarner/profile/

https://www.spreaker.com/user/14282935

https://www.mobypicture.com/user/davidwarner

https://my.desktopnexus.com/daviwarner31/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Use of Lead Management Software for Real Estate CRM

Importance of Back Links to a Website and How to Obtain Them

Tips to Consider Before You Buy a Domain Name